Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Casting appreciation gif.
This seriously pisses me off because TWO men of the “correct” ethnicity/race were asked to play the role of Khan. I don’t remember their names because this back when Into Darkness was in casting yo but they BOTH DECLINED.
So there’s a HUGE difference between “well, we asked the best in the business and they both said no, so we should go with another actor of the ‘incorrect’ race who is also very well suited for the role” and doing what the Hunger Games did which is literally only let white girls audition for Katniss.
When actors decline there is fuckall you can do. It’s shitty, no doubt, that Khan ended up being white, but BC did a great job in the role, while knowing he was third choice. I won’t begrudge him for taking it, and I won’t begrudge the casting crew for going with him after their best actors declined.
no im sorry
just because 2 actors of colour declined the role doesn’t mean there aren’t thousands of other capable actors of colour who could have taken the role
please stop trying to make excuses for the fucking whitewashing travesty, cumberbatch fangirlies
- just because you’re the same skin color doesn’t mean you’re suitable for the role, there are endless Asian actors who would not be suitable for the role of Sulu, White actors who would not be suitable for the role of Kirk, Bones, Spok, and Cheklov, and African actresses who would not be suitable for the role of Uhura
- It was strategic of the casting director because they knew a huge amount of CB fangirls would go just because he was there and all movies are really about is making money
- I’m not even a CB fangirl so do not try to throw that pitiful excuse of an insult at me
- even if I was being a fangirl of something is not an insult
- if you want to insult people for this at least use something logical like racist bitches
oh my god its still whitewashing he’s a good khan but its still! white! washing!!! if two poc decline that isn’t means to hire a white guy thats only two people
If we can’t write diversity into sci-fi, then what’s the point? You don’t create new worlds to give them all the same limits of the old ones.
Jane Espenson (from interview with Advocate.com)\
I dunno how many which ways this needs to be said
Favorite Game of Thrones Characters » Jaime Lannister
“So many vows…they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It’s too much. No matter what you do, you’re forsaking one vow or the other.”
Rayna Salcido and Nik Star
Makeup by Natasha Marcelina
Hair by Frankie Sin
Give me all your outfits please
Monday, June 17, 2013
i like music that makes me feel like wearing high heels and walking over the fallen corpses of a thousand men
be kind to others, you don’t know what demons they’re trying to run away from.